Monday, June 3, 2013

DIY Birthday Banner Invitations

This is the twins birthday month so naturally I am starting to think about a party for them. I came across their invitations from last year and thought I would share them with you. They were a really fun DIY project I thought up after seeing that people actually sew on paper! I LOVE that idea. That's how these Valentine's cards in the Etsy shop evolved too.

  
Materials
Card stock/envelopes
Printer
Fabric scraps
Sewing machine

Directions
1. Type and print out what you want your invitation to say making sure to leave enough space where you want to sew on your scraps
2. Cut out your scraps into small triangles
3. Line them up on your paper and simply sew right where you want them attached


I made this version at the same time b/c I knew we would be celebrating their birthday again with family after we moved to MI but I didn't know any of the details yet. This was a perfect way to just fill in the information as I decided what we were going to do.


It would be a great idea to make up some of these generic cards and give them as a little gift set to someone, maybe as Thank you cards or "Just to say Hello" cards. Really the possibilities are endless!!!

Time to start really putting some thought into this years party. I'm about to have 2, 2 year olds running around my house. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment