Sunday, March 24, 2013

Kale Chips Recipe

Let's start this week off with a healthy recipe...Kale Chips!!! Sound exciting? I'm just discovering how healthy kale is for you! I feel like I am behind on this new craze! It seems everything I read now about health food has something to do with Kale. So, I have been buying it and either having all kale salads or adding it with red leaf lettuce. It does have a thinker/bitter taste to it, but I really don't mind it. There is something to me about eating something really good for you that makes me want to eat it more!! 

I came across a recipe for kale chips and thought I would give it a go. I love a good chips and thought this would be a good alternative to a salty snack when I was having a craving.

Here it is...

-Set oven to 275
-Take a large bunch of kale and wash, DRY, and rip into bite sized pieces (emphasis on the dried part because I read if you don't dry it thoroughly then it can steam in the oven instead of bake which would result in a more soggy version of kale chips)


-Lay out on a baking sheet

-Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt on top. Mix it around with your hands to coat
-Bake until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, for about 20 minutes.

This recipe did NOT disappoint! My kids and I both loved it! My husband was not really on board with them. He's more the kind of guy that would just rather eat regular chips if he is going to be eating them in the first place.




I did read that dehydrating them is better for maintaining the nutritional benefits of kale, but I don't have a dehydrator. There are also lots of options for kale chips, so explore for some variations on the recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment