Friday, May 24, 2013

Homemade Bug Spray

The mosquitos are horrible here in MI! Anybody with me? Now that I have kids that want to be outside 24/7 I had to come up with a safe bug spray. I was hesitant to apply regular bug spray b/c of all the chemicals in them, so I did some research on making my own. Let  me tell you, there are TONS of homemade recipes out there! I personally decided to go with the cheapest one to make and see if it works, if not I won't feel bad b/c I didn't spend much money on it! I went with this recipe.

It's SO SO SO easy. I'm happy to say too, that the one evening we all used it, not one mosquito bit any of us! Of course I need to test it some more to give you a full report, but I was SO happy with it that night!

If you have a lemon, rosemary and water, you can make this bug spray! 


Cut the lemon into thin slices and chop up the rosemary (1 TBS fresh or 1 tsp dried)
 

 Put the lemons and rosemary into a large bowl and stir to combine


Pour 4 cups of boiling water onto of the lemon/rosemary mixture and allow to cool completely
Strain out the lemons/rosemary
 

Add to a spray bottle. Done!
 
 

Apply all over! It's not sticky and it smells good. 

 

If you decide you don't want to make your own, this is a good chemical free, 100% organic bug spray that is safe for kids. I found this at a local health food store

 

And let's not forget the Friday blog party!

Click to view the featured nursery
 Keep Checking out the other style contributors when you can

1 comment: