Thursday, February 7, 2013

More Uses for Wood Planks Part 3

I hope I'm not boring you with all these wood projects! But, I have a few more I want to share with you.

In our house there is an entry way by the kitchen that is VERY tight. When you open the door the stairs to the basement are right there to the left, a step up into a half bath, and then 2 steps up into the kitchen. It's the entry we used 99% of the time. It's great, but with winter here I was getting nervous that someone was going to fall down the basement stairs with all our extra winter gear on. Never mind that the tile floor gets really slippery when wet. Then, I also had the problem of where to put all the snow boots, coats, gloves, and hats. Did I already say it is a VERY tight space? Well, we have another back entry into our family room which we barely ever use. I got to thinking why not? There is so much more space there and it is carpeted so the floor wouldn't be slippery. However, I then needed a place to hang all the stuff! This is where the left over wood planks from the garage enter...

I once again followed all the same steps as previously mentioned, wash and sand. I sent my husband and father in law out with specific instructions on what kind of hooks I wanted. A few iphone pictures later to make sure they were getting the right thing, they came home with 6 hooks from World Market for a couple bucks a piece. 

They screwed in the hooks and then hung it on the wall right by the back door. I LOVE having all the room to get in the door with the kids, the dog, the snow stuff, and whatever else. It's great! Love my new space and my new, very cheap, coat hanger.



No comments:

Post a Comment