Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Mom

Pretty sure I missed blogging about my mom on Mother's Day. Now is as good a time as any to show how thankful I am of her!!! I know she doesn't get the credit she deserves, but that is what is great about her, she is still great and keeps loving.


Anyone that knows my mom knows, that she is a servant, patient, quick to forgive, kind to everyone, loves Jesus and wants everyone else around her to love Him too, beautiful, independent, innocent, humble, strong,  hospitable, gracious, helpful, good at coming up with meals on the spot, brave (not regarding spiders though), always up for a cup of coffee, thinks her family is great, loyal, always there when you need her, a great mom, friend, sister, grandma, and wife.

I'm so thankful that she is my mom and for the way she has raised me. I'm thankful for the example she gives of all the above qualities. She has always been there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry on, someone to talk to, someone to help at times of need. She is willing to take LONG drives/bus rides/train rides to come help.  She helps me more than she knows and I'm pretty sure I don't let her know enough how much she really means to me. I hope that I can be there for her when she needs me. I'm glad I can call her my friend.

Also, glad we gave our daughter my mom's middle name, Mae. Thankful that Mae has my mom as a grandma and as an example. She will be proud of her name I am sure, because of how great my mom, her grandma, is!

I guess when I grow up...I want to be like my mom. :)

Love you, Mom!

Now, let's go down a little memory lane...













No comments:

Post a Comment