Tuesday, June 25, 2013

2, 2 Year Olds



My babies turned 2 this past weekend! I'll admit, I had a moment of panic when I feared how this year would go down trying to parent 2, 2 year olds as my usually very compliant and content little girl started throwing fits. But then I was reminded to not fear (Philippians 4:6) but to pray!  Thankful for scripture to speak to the heart.

So onto their birthday party. My brother and sister in law came into town so I decided to keep it low key and just get to spend quality time with them and a few close friends. My goal was to have good food, good fellowship, and balloons (since my kids go crazy over balloons).

Menu
Appetizers- guacamole and spring rolls with peanut sauce
Grilled romaine hearts with herb dressing
Yummy bread (from my brothers restaurant)
Grilled pork chops with peach salsa
Dessert- Key Lime Pie

The day went exactly as I had hoped. It was so fun celebrating the twins and getting to see them interact with family and friends. I loved celebrating their lives and bringing us back to the time they were born. I'll admit, I got a little emotional if I thought about it too much. I pretty much love being their mom and getting to be with them everyday. Don't get me wrong, many many many times during the days are very hard, but overall it is a blessing that God has given us these two to help grow and point them to Him. I can't wait for the rest of their lives!

Let's go down memory lane!

34 Weeks and about to give birth

Meeting Mae for the first time

Little Luke in the hallway

Everyone is tired

Sleeping buddies

Fall time in VA

Don't look so surprised!

Hanging out at the River


Learning to walk

Playing with Dad 






In my opinion, 2 really cute 2 year olds!




1 comment:

  1. YES, 2 really cute 2 year olds! The menu sounds delicious. Fun to hear about the party and see the photos down memory lane. wow! wonderful day to celebrate these two special gifts from God.

    ReplyDelete