Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Twins Quilts

The quilts are finally done!!! (thanks to lots of help from my mother-in-law)

As soon as I came across this picture on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to make something like it for the twins.


source
My goal was their 2nd birthday, so I'm ahead of the game. Yes! My idea is their bed will have a big fluffy down comforter with a white duvet and then their individual quilts. I decided once they no longer like it (growing up, having their own style, etc) I'll tuck it away in my hope chest to keep for my grandkids.

So here it is. If you click on the above picture it will give you an exact tutorial of how to make the above quilt if you like it. The ones I made are different. I only used squares and it is bigger as well. Like I said, It was just my inspiration for what I decided on. I have to say, I LOVE how they turned out!!!








2 comments:

  1. They are so gorgeous, awesome job Cindi. I am finally getting the itch to do another quilt... this pattern might be my ticket back to sewing land. Would you consider doing a post with a tutorial/outline of your fabrics, cut sizes, etc?!?! PLEEEASE PRETTY PLEASE??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, what do you think of her binding technique with the flannel? Never seen that before..

      Delete